Central Arizona Birding Info
Click on one of the links below for information.
- [MCP1] Lake Pleasant Regional Park. Central Arizona Project reservoir, administered by Maricopa
County Parks and the Bureau of Reclamation.
- [MZ1] Phoenix Zoo. Excellent site for
ducks in winter (with a duck count sponsored by MAS). Other wild
birds, and good exhibits on the Southwest.
- [MZ2] Desert Botanical Garden. Bird walks
every Monday, 7 a.m. May-Sept., 8 a.m. Oct.-Apr. Near the
- [NC3] Hassayampa River Preserve. [TNC] The Nature Conservancy's first preserve in Maricopa County;
excellent riparian habitat.
- [PHX1] Pima Canyon. MAS guide
to canyon on east end of Phoenix's South Mountain Park. (1998)
- [AZCITY] Arizona City. MAS
guide to lake & sod farm between Phoenix and Tucson. (1998)
- [GSP] Gilbert Ponds.
[Gilbert] Gilbert Wildlife Habitat and recharge ponds; good for
- [PICACHO] Picacho Reservoir.
MAS guide to reservoir between Phoenix and Tucson. (1997)